lördag 16 maj 2020

FLAG BOOK WITH STAMPS FROM DARKROOM DOOR

Here's a flagbook (minialbum with flaps) of a different size. It's 31 cm tall and ca 11 cm wide.
I like to work with vertical papers and that's why I made this oblong mini album.


I started off creating an accordion, as tall as two cards on top of each other. I also put some green washi tape on the front and the back, in order to keep the different layers secured. 


 

I brayered on some light hues of different acrylic paints and put on some masking tape that I had created some patterns on with a gel plate and other acrylic paints. A brayer is a handy tool to have when working with a gel plate and acrylic paints.

 

I continued with the same colours on the flap pages. Two hues of light yellow and some pastel green and blue.


Look how yummy the brayer looks :).


I added some strips of masking tape on the cards aswell.


I've used stamps from Darkroom Door to create the inner pages. Thanks to the accordion spine - and the way I glued the panels down, the flip to either side, creating an interesting effect. 


Theres still some room for more decorations... Buttons, ribbons, stickers and so forth.


It's easy to make a thicker book by making a longer accordion.


I found this cute little bird in stampset Garden Birds DDRS190. I kept it white, just because didn't want to overpower the background with a colourful bird. I stamped some pink dashes with a stamp from set Grunge marks DDRS174.

The life is art sentiment comes from stampset Make art DDSE010.


Here's a page that I like.
I really like how the tone on tone stamping gives a calming effect. I used a grid pattern stamp from the Grunge marks set, together with a flower from Fine flowers vol 1 DDRS163.

The one of a kind sentiment comes from the same Make art stamp set.


Here's another flower from the same stamp set. You can also see some grungy circles that I found in the Grunge marks stamp set. The word experiment can be found in the Make art set.


I decied to try something else with this flower, from stamp set Carved flowers DDRS111. The masking tape made the stamping a bit difficult, but I could correct it with an embossing pen (clear mark embossing pen) and more embossing powder :).
In the background one can see two faint diamond shapes. That stamp can be found in the Grunge marks stamp set. I think this might be a third generation off stamp with distress oxide ink.

The express yourself sentiment can be found in the Make art stamp set.


I split a big sentiment in two, so it wouldn't overpower the whole page. The artist quote goes like this:
Maybe I'm an artist and maybe I ain't, but... 



my best clothes are all covered in paint. 

I stamped the big splatter stamp from Paint splats DDRS124 with yellow Versafine Clair ink (cheerful).


In this video I'm talking a bit about my discoveries, tips and tricks when it comes to making a flag book mini album :). 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar